Sunday, March 20, 2011

Your Aspirations

I began thinking about this post when it occurred to me that I must not be a very ambitious person because I couldn't think of something right away that I aspire to be. I'm already a wife and mother, two things I've wanted.

Okay, okay, I've got it. I want to be an expert. In... something. I want to be the person who, when other have question about something they'll come to me. I thought cooking was going to do it for me, but it turns out that since I've become a homemaker, I haven't had a chance to practice my commercial cooking skills or learn new ones. I've never even made a wedding cake.

I want to be an artist. I don't care what the medium is, really. If I had further training in pastry, food sculpture or cake decorating I could be perfectly happy doing that. But I've also considered writing and sewing. Sometimes drawing comes to mind but then I don't think I have a particular talent for that. I think I've posted exactly one drawing on this blog that I thought was good enough to show off.

So. Yeah. I want to be better at things than I already am. That's what I aspire to.

If you don't know what this blog entry is about, here's the list. Check it out

No comments: