Friday, September 28, 2007

I Don't Have Kids So I Must Talk About The Food

Today began my sojourn as a lunch lady. The kitchen in the new school has not exactly been put in yet, but neither has the gym, library or some of the walls and lighting, so I can't really complain. I get to see cute kids on a daily basis which, since I have none of my own to blog about, is a definite plus. In fact sometimes I feel a little jealous. My Molly dog had already taken her first step and was eating solid foods by the time we brought her home, and I doubt I will be telling you about her first word anytime soon. But let's be honest, she sure is cute and cuddly.

This evening Will and I and a couple of friends went out to Greg's Kitchen, the student-run culinary school restaurant. Tonight's theme was Classical French food. Now, I love brioche and the foie gras was delish, but I must say that that was the best pea soup I have ever had in my entire life. No kidding. I'll post the recipe as soon as I get it from a buddy in the class. Meanwhile, should you want to go there yourself, here's where you can find the info:
http://www.uvsc.edu/techcom/ca/greg/
Mmmmmm..... I love this industry.

No comments: