Thursday, November 29, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
The prettiest-wrapped gift under the tree.
1. I hate cooking at home. Give me someone else's kitchen, sure- or a commercial kitchen, even better. I feel guilty whenever anyone finds out I have a culinary arts degree and then makes some comment about how lucky my husband must be. Poor guy.
2. I love the Christmas season more than the actual day, and I don't get sick of the songs.
3. I love shoes. I hate shopping.
4. I care about almost everything anyone else cares about. Y'know when someone starts talking about something wierd, like the trouble they had with the toothpaste this morning, and everyone who is listening is thinking "Why is he telling us this?" instead of actually listening? Well, at this point I am usually thinking "oh, really?" I'm not sure yet if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
5. I wish I could have a baby, but since this doesn't seem to be happening, I would rather spend money to foster or adopt, rather than spend money in the doctor's office. I hate being a patient, and for some reason I feel like not having a baby is an opportunity, not just a burden.
Friday, November 23, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Mom commented that she would often fantasize: "One day we will go out to eat with one of our children and we will not be the ones paying." Well, my friends, eight kids and I get the honors to be the first. Take that!
Saturday, November 3, 2007
The cake turned out alright, too. It featured a super-chocolate graveyard. The headstones were all made from solid chocolate and there's one open grave- you could be next! I added some long grass to make the graveyard look overgrown, like the cupcakes, but I think the pure chocolate version actually looked better.
This year, as with every year, I had the hardest time coming up with costumes. I was looking through the costume box at my mom's house when I found a blond wig. I put it on - I kind of like wigs.
Shelly, my sister, also had to show off her Halloween surprises. She put on an all-black bodysuit and looked like a ninja. She scared everyone with her creeping around.
When they were done screaming, everyone saw my blond wig and asked me if I was going to be Miss Piggy for Halloween. Why not? I like the whole couples-dress-in-related-costumes thing, so naturally I had to make a Kermit costume for Will. The costumes turned out pretty awesome.
Now it's all over. I just hope that I can think of some more fun ideas by next year.