Friday, July 25, 2008

The Owlz Game

For a long time I have wanted to go to a local baseball game, just for the novelty of it. I've decided that it really is a good citizen-type thing to do to support local and school venues. Tonight we went to an Orem Owlz baseball game. I've never been to a baseball game before, so I wanted the full experience. I wore the team colors, white and red, cheered loud enough to make my throat hurt, ate concessions and stayed the whole nine innings even though we lost by two runs and I was getting painful contractions. We did get to see a three run homer and a couple double-plays and we got seats right behind home plate. Todd and Megan came with us so between Will, Todd and Megan I was able to figure out what was happening most of the time. I really enjoyed making the hooting noise that fans made to cheer on the team. Go Owlz!



Will in awe at our awesome seats



Me and Will in front of the field. I wish I had caught before that you can't see my tummy. Now I don't have a picture of Reese at the game. Oh well.

Megan and Todd. We decided that, among the four of us, Megan and I are the best fans. Both will and Todd made comments about how the other team was doing better, but Megan and I stuck by our Owlz the whole time. We knew the other team was just getting lucky.

No comments: