Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Baby Shower!

My wonderful sister, Jessica, offered to throw me a baby shower. She noted that the baby won't be here for a couple months yet, but she and her family moved to Florida last week, so she wanted to be able to do it before she left. She chose the week that my other sister, Jasmine would be in town from Oklahoma, so I got to invite all my sisters! We had a lot of fun, and I'm really glad that so many people came that I don't see very often.

My favorite parts, aside from the general enjoyment of socializing, were the pinata (I had to get a photo of my grandma taking a swing) and the strawberries. I insisted on dipping my own chocolate strawberries for the shower because it gave me an excuse to leave work early to get it done, and I find it relaxing.

Before the baby shower I was going to decorate Reese's room in a red and green ladybug theme, but I decided to go with a more gender neutral decor after some baby gifts that had giraffes on them. I fell in love with the giraffe, and decided to go with a jungle animal theme. Unfortunately, once I had purchased the crib bedding, it looked really boyish. I tried to remedy that by throwing pink anywhere I could. I created some wooden wall hangings of animals using the bedding animals as a template, but I put them on a pink background. They aren't all professional or anything, but I am pretty proud of them.

Grandma Faber taking a swing at the butterfly pinata
Chocolate covered strawberries. Mmmmm.....

Zebra, Monkey, Giraffe, Alligator, Elephant

Compare to what the animals are really supposed to look like

1 comment:

Matt and Jessica said...

Your animals are so cute! I'm thoroughly impressed.