Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sick Day

Last Friday Reese decided to get pretty sick for the first time. She's been a little "off" before, but this time she seems to have all the full-blown cold symptoms. She's been uncomfortable, runny-nosed, coughing and congested for the past three days. Last night Will started catching it, too.
We usually go and visit someone on Sundays, usually Will's parents or mine, but today we decided to take a sick day. Then I went to church, found out that a lot more people were sick, and decided to bring soup to others who were having a sick day, too. Will and Reese were feeling up to helping me deliver potato soup and garlic bread to some people, but then I went out to finish the rounds. When I came home, Will and Reese were just relaxing, the way sick people should. Will was reading a book and Reese was busy sucking her thumb.

Maybe the scene doesn't look strange to you, but I cracked up. She can barely sit up. I half expected her to pick up a newspaper.

No comments: