Friday, October 2, 2009

Marshmallows From Scratch

I wanted to make some s'mores completely from scratch. I don't remember what inspired this, but I've finally accomplished it. Last week I focused on the graham cracker, which turned out to be more like a graham cracker-flavored cookie. I spread chocolate directly on the cookie. This week, I tried my hand at the marshmallows. I was a little afraid because my dad tells horror stories of trying to make marshmallows on his mission, but I love it! They tasted great, and the finished product was just plain fun to play with. I felt like a kid with play-doh.

sugaring the sticky mallows



Some mallow cubes and patties


Round patties. I poured the mallow dough into a cleaned-out can, let the mallow set, pushed it out of the can, and then sliced the cylinder into slices. It was too much work. Next time I'll just pipe the liquid mallow into rounds before it sets.

The finished s'more. There's a chocolate layer on the inside of each cookie. I meant to take a picture of the gooey goodness once I microwaved it, but it got devoured before I remembered.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

hosander said...

You are my hero. That is amazing.